If you are considering taking the Abortion Pill, there are critical questions that you need to have answered first. At A Woman’s Choice, our clinic staff will provide you with the medical services and information to answer all of these important questions:
What is the Abortion Pill?
- The Abortion Pill is a combination of two different medications that are used to terminate a pregnancy in its earliest stage. Before taking it, however, you must confirm your pregnancy with a lab quality pregnancy test, which we can provide for you at no cost.
What is the difference between Plan B (the Morning After Pill) and the Abortion Pill?
- Plan B will not terminate an existing pregnancy but is intended to prevent pregnancy if taken within three days of intercourse. The Abortion Pill is intended to terminate an existing pregnancy. Both have risks, so it is important to learn the facts and confirm whether or not you are pregnant.
How far into my pregnancy can I take the Abortion Pill?
- The Abortion Pill is approved by the FDA for use only up to 70 days after conception, or 10 weeks of pregnancy. Therefore, it is critical to determine how far along you are with an ultrasound, which we can provide for you free of cost.
Do I have to have an ultrasound to get the Abortion Pill?
- Because the Abortion Pill can only be taken up to 10 weeks of pregnancy, the ultrasound will determine how far along you are. Also, because the Abortion Pill does not terminate an *ectopic pregnancy–which is a life threatening condition–an ultrasound will rule that out. We can provide a free ultrasound for you at no cost.
Are there risks or side effects for the Abortion Pill?
- Although the Abortion Pill is not a surgical procedure, it does have physical side effects, as well as significant risks associated with it. We can help you learn all about how it works and what the risks are through our pre-abortion counseling.
How much does the Abortion Pill cost?
- Costs vary depending on the clinic where you get the Abortion Pill. You first must determine how far along your pregnancy is with an ultrasound provided here free of cost.
Can I get the Abortion Pill over the counter or online?
- The FDA warns women against buying abortion drugs over the Internet because it is very risky. That is because these drugs are not subject to the FDA approval process and safety regulations. There is no way to guarantee you’re getting the right kind of medication, and some websites may even sell fake pills.
Can I change my mind after taking the Abortion Pill?
- The Abortion Pill process involves taking two different types of medications at different times. It is possible for the effects of the Abortion Pill to be reversed, but only after taking the first pill. However, it is a very time-sensitive medical protocol, so if you or someone you know has taken the first pill and have changed your mind, please call us immediately or the 24/7 HELPLINE at 877-558-0333 to speak to nurse right away.
A Woman’s Choice does not perform or refer for abortions, including the Abortion Pill or the Plan B pill, but we can give you the answers you need to make an informed choice. Make an appointment today.
*An ectopic pregnancy occurs when the fertilized egg attaches itself in a place other than inside the uterus. This will still result in a positive pregnancy test, but it is not a viable pregnancy and may be a life threatening condition. Our medical staff can answer your questions about this and provide more information during your visit